2011 Property Owner’s Picnic

HOMEOWNER/PROPERTY OWNERS
ARE INVITED TO OUR ANNUAL PICNIC
SATURDAY, AUGUST 20, 2011

HOMEOWNERS MEETING WILL BEGIN AT 1PM

LAUREL FALLS CLUB HOUSE

BRING YOUR OWN BEVERAGE!
PLEASE BRING A COVERED DISH

OUTSIDE
WEATHER PERMITTING

PLENTY OF FOOD FEATURES (CHICKEN ON THE BARBI)

GOOD TIMES WITH GREAT FRIENDS

DONATIONS OF $10 PER PERSON AND $15 PER COUPLE
PLEASE RSVP BY AUG 10TH VIA E-MAIL terri52858@yahoo.com OR CALL 410-490-4227

March 2011 Minutes

Laurel Falls Association Minutes for March 18, 2011

The meeting was called to order by President Tracey Karlie. There were 16 association members present.

Minutes of the February 18 meeting were read by the secretary and they were approved.

Due to the absence of the treasurer, there wasn’t a treasurer’s report.

George Senka mentioned trash along the roads and urged everyone to police the areas around  their properties.

Old Business

Terri Cook had a list of proposed party/fundraisers. They are May 21 – Spring Fling; July 16 -Chicken on the Barbi; August 19 – Homeowner Party; September 24 – Summer Fun; October 29- Halloween Party; December 31 – New Years Eve Party. The following restriction will be applied to all parties: These parties are private for the property owners and their guests. Steve Noonan made a motion to accept the party dates and the restriction. 2nd by Dave Byerly. Carried

Davey Cook is still working on getting rodent control for the clubhouse.

Larry Stevanus reported that there is a lot of work to be done on the roads and ditches but it is still too early to do anything. Decisions will be made at the March meeting. The Saturday after the April 15 meeting will be a work day.

New Business

Treasurer Dave Shirmacher is moving away. Terri Cook was approved to fill the vacancy on a motion by Joe Saia, 2nd by Trudy Noonan. Motion carried.

Planks owned by Laurel Falls are at the Amish sawmill on Matlick Road and they need to be moved. Joe Saia is willing to store the planks on his property.

Tracey Karlie donated a toilet for the men’s rest room.

Ted Evans made a motion to keep the clubhouse a “no smoking” area. Carried.

The budget was approved after removing one item. The item removed is paying to put up “no hunting” signs. Approved by a motion by Dave Byerly, 2nd by Joe Saia. Each property owner is to post the “no hunting” signs on their property.

Terri Cook made a motion that the letter for road dues and membership dues be incorporated into one letter. Barbara Saia 2nd the motion. Carried. Tracy appointed the officers to write the letter.

There was a motion to adjourn.
Submitted by Carol Evans, Secretary

February 2011 Minutes

Laurel Falls Association Minutes for February 18, 2011

The meeting was called to order by President Tracy Karlie. There were thirteen association members present.

Minutes of the October 15 meeting were read and approved. The Treasurer’s report was read and approved.

Business

Fund Raisers – Davey and Terri Cook are going to determine how many party/fundraisers we are going to have per year and bring a report to the March meeting. It was decided that a goal of making $2000 through these events would be a good goal to shoot for. This money would help our finances greatly.

There will be a St. Patrick’s Day Party March 19 at the Clubhouse at a cost of $15 per person and $25 per couple. The food will be traditional Iris food.

Davey Cook is going to ask an exterminator friend to give some advice on the rodent problem in the clubhouse. Davey will have a report in March,

Ted Evans was given permission to cut dry wood in the woods across from the clubhouse.

Terri Cook is going to mail out membership letters.

Larry Stevanus is going to check ditches to see which ones can be cleaned out to keep water from running on the roads and washing them out. He will check on people with equipment who can clean ditches and get prices and bring a report to the next meeting.

The Laurel Falls Web Site needs to cleaned up so it can be used for what it was intended which would be announcements pertaining to the organization. If anyone wants to put something on the Web Site, just Email George with the information.

Discussion was had concerning Peter Dreistadt who owns land and wanted his road plowed a few weeks ago. He was not happy with the way things were done. It was not known if he is a paid member.

Treasurer Mike is going to be in touch with Steve Noonan about filing taxes with the IRS. He
will report at the March meeting.

Mike received a letter from a collector about a bill of $624.99 for putting Laurel Falls in the Yellow Pages of the phone book. Apparently Shirley Decker was connected to this happening. Mike is waiting to hear from the collector. The situation will be investigated and a report will be given at the March meeting.

Carol Evans – Secretary

October 2010 minutes

Laurel Falls Association Minutes for October 15, 2010

The meeting was called to order by President George Senka. The Pledge of Allegiance followed.

Charter Members Present: George Senka, Larry Stevanus, Barry George, Dave and Julie Byerly, Davey and Terri Cook, Ted and Carol Evans and Tracey Karlie. No other members were present.

Reports:
Minutes from the September meeting were approved.

Following a correction to the Treasurer’s Report it was also approved. The correction was that the balance in the General Fund reported in September was $336.05 and it actually was $497.05.

Old Business:

The lower bridge near the Karlie’s residence has been replaced.

Four (4) loads of glass-sand limestone have been dumped as of this date as part of the dosing project. One (1) load into Cranberry Run, off Johnson Road and the other three (3) loads in Laurel Falls. Plans are to have three (3) more loads dumped this fall in Laurel Falls.

Continued discussion about getting a dumpster. A final decision will be made in the Spring.

There will be a Halloween Party for members and guests October 23. Activity Director Terri Cook gave the following update: The cost will be $10 per person; everyone should come in costume and various people will be bringing the food, etc.

Discussion was had concerning some further fundraisers. Also discussion about having a Christmas Party.

New Business:

Dave Byerly made a motion that the slate of officers be approved for the coming year. They are: President- Tracey Karlie; Vice-President – Dave Bylery; Secretary – Carol Evans; Treasurer – Mike Schirmacher; Director/Chairman(1 year) – Joe Saia; Director/Vice Chairman (2 years) – Steve Noonan; Director(3 years) – Davey Cook; Alternate Director – Ted Evans. The motion was approved.

Motion to adjourn.

Respectfully Submitted
Carol Evans, Secretary

Laurel Falls Association September minutes

Laurel Falls Association Minutes for September 17, 2010 Meeting

Meeting was opened by President, George Senka at 7:05 PM.

The meeting began with the Pledge of Allegiance.

Charter Members Present: George Senka, Joe Saia, Max Mosholder, Steve Noonan, Ted & Carol Evans, Davey & Terri Cook, Paula Saia and property owner Lori Gnesda.

Reports:

Minutes from the August meeting were read and approved.

Treasurers Report: Mike Shirmacher was away on business, but provided the following information.

After paying the semi-annual property insurance bill, electric bill and fire extinguisher inspections, we have a balance of $336.05 in the General Fund.

Mike suggested that we should possibly raise our dues, because we probably can’t pay insurance for next year without extra income. The dues referred to above are the $10 per person to be paid by Charter Members and Property Owners who want to participate in Club events/activities.

Old Business:

1. Work on the lower bridge, near the Karlie residence will start Saturday morning, Sept. 18.

2. The limestone dosing, with “glass-sand limestone”, will begin in the next week or so. The three (3) areas in Laurel Falls have been prepped for the dumping of the limestone into our stream.

New Business:

1. It was brought up at the meeting that there was a lot of shooting going on in Laurel Falls over the Labor Day weekend. One property owner had a window shot out with a shotgun around the same time. We can’t have this kind of thing going on in Laurel Falls. The safety of our children, friends and guests are at risk. We will confront the people doing the shooting, and if we have too, will call the Pennsylvania State Police and/or local police.

2. A Halloween party is planned at the clubhouse for property owner, their family and friends. The date set is Saturday, October 23 beginning at 7 PM.  More information on the party will be sent out shortly through email and appear on the Laurel Falls Association website.

 

 

3. The nomination of Officers and Directors for 2011 is as follows:

President:                                           Tracey Karlie

Vice President:                                 Dave Byerly

Secretary:                                           Carol Evans

Treasurer:                                          Mike Schirmacher

 

Director/Chairman (1 yr)                 Joe Saia

Director/Vice Chairman (2 yr)         Steve Noonan

Director (3 yr)                                    Davey Cook

 

4. The next Laurel Falls Association meeting will be Friday, Oct. 15, 2010 at 7 PM.  The election of Officers and Directors will be held during this meeting.

Meeting was adjourned at 8:20 PM.

August Minutes of Laurel Falls Association

Laurel Falls Association Minutes for August 20, 2010 Meeting
Meeting was opened by President, George Senka at 7:05 PM.
The meeting began with the Pledge of Allegiance.

Charter Members Present: George Senka, Janet Senka, Max Mosholder, Brian Mosholder, Tracey Karlie, Ted & Carol Evans.

Reports:
• Minutes from the July meeting had been read by those present prior to the meeting…they were accepted.
• Treasure’s Report: Mike Shirmacher was unable to be present at the meeting but provided the following information.
o Property taxes of $1,600 were paid but it required taking $40 from the General Account to meet that amount.
o Interest from the CD’s is low and therefore after the next two fiscal years there may not be sufficient funds to pay the taxes and insurance for Laurel Falls from this account. We need additional revenue to cover fixed operating costs.
• Secretary, Michele Walker sent out second notices for road dues to those who had not paid by August 15, 2010. Check on Eric Shaulis as payment was sent in June, 2010 but they have received a second notice.
Old Business:
• Dosing: T. Karlie has moved/leveled the stone base at the 3 dosing sites in preparation for the dosing of the streams to begin later this year. Since the Laurel Falls Association does not have the funds to meet the “matching funds” requirement for the grant, work is being done by members in place of the funds. T. Karlie is doing site preparation, G. Senka and M. Schirmacher are doing testing and dosing of the streams.
• Funds are managed by the Somerset Conservation District, Somerset, PA.
• Work on the lower bridge on Laurel Falls Road near the Karlie residence was to begin on Saturday, August 21, 2010 as the steel beams and wood decking have been obtained and are awaiting installation. The work has been postponed for two weeks due to unavailability of the backhoe needed to remove the old deck and set the steel beams for the new deck.
• Question…why did the farmer not mow the entire field across from the Club next to the Mosholder residence…G. Senka will find out. Amish will do the work if the farmer does not want to do it.
New Business:
• The resignation of Secretary, Michele Walker was accepted. She resigned as she is moving to Seattle, WA…she and her husband will remain property owners in Laurel Falls.
• Vehicle stickers will be replaced for free if they do not adhere to your vehicle…contact Janet Senka at laurelmeadows@hotmail.com.
• Reminder…Laurel Falls Annual Meeting & Picnic will be Sat. Aug. 21, 2010 at 12:30 PM at the Club.

Meeting was adjourned at 7:25 PM.