June 2010 Meeting Minutes

Laurel Falls Association Monthly Meeting Minutes – June 18, 2010

The meeting was called to order by President, George Senka at 7:05 p.m.

The meeting began with the Pledge of Allegiance.

Officers/Directors Present: George Senka, President; Mike Schirmacher, Treasurer; Joe Saia, Director.
Charter Members Present: Max Mosholder; Larry Stevanus; Davey Cook; Jim Frederick.
Property Owners Present: John & Lori Gnesda

Minutes from the May 20, 2010 meeting were read and accepted.

Treasurer’s Report: Mike Schirmacher was welcomed as the new interim Treasurer. Treasurer’s report was given and accepted.

OLD BUSINESS:

Payment of Road Dues – Discussion…those who do not pay their road dues by August 1, 2010 should be sent a letter reminding them of nonpayment. Only those property owners who have paid their Road Dues and Club membership can participate in Laurel Falls Association Club functions/activities.

Vehicle Permits – Property owners continue to purchase Vehicle Permits…comment was made they are not wearing well and the coating comes off…President will look into this.

Club Liquor License – Tabled from last meeting. Decision to pay 2009 & 2010 LCB fees ($400)
to keep liquor license was tabled as Davey Cook will look into whether we can sell the license or just give it up.

Bridge – Bruce Saia will be able to build the pilings for the reconstructed bridge on lower Laurel Falls Road after July 21, 2010. Joe Saia, Road Manager will schedule work to have the steel beams set and wooden decking installed….this will be done with volunteer labor. Perry Yoder has acquired the wooden decking and will deliver it when we are ready. Payment will be sent to Perry for the wood. The road will have to be closed for a minimum of 2 weeks as work will take place over 2 weekends.

NEW BUSINESS:

Laurel Falls Assoc. Annual Picnic – Voted to hold the picnic in the pavilion on Saturday, August 21, 2010. Since Sudor’s will not be supplying the beer, decision was made to charge $5 per person (adults) and ask everyone to bring a dish to share. The $5 will cover meat and beverages. George & Janet Senka will take the lead.

Propane Tank – propane tank is full and not being used. Question is whether the company that owns the tank and supplies the propane will take it out due to low usage…we’ll wait to see if we are contacted.

Dumpster – Joe Saia asked that we get a dumpster put back in the parking lot at the Club to be used by those permanent and part-time residents who will pay an annual fee to use it. Only a once a month pick-up will be necessary. It will have to be “bear proof” and locked. Mike will look into getting one the same size as the previous dumpster.

Beach at the Lake – Joe Saia (for Bruce Saia) asked permission to dig out the grass on the far side of the lake and replace it with white sand to make a “real” beach. Bruce Saia would do the digging and purchase the sand…NO COST to Laurel Falls.

Mowing – The field across from the Club needs to be mowed. Davey Cook will check with Paul Plosser and Dave Gnagey about having this done.

NOTE: Next Laurel Falls Association meeting will be held on Friday, July 16, 2010 at 7 p.m. at the Club.

Meeting adjourned at 8:25 p.m.

Respectfully submitted by Janet Senka

May Meeting Minutes of Laurel Falls Association

Laurel Falls Association Monthly Meeting Minutes
May 20, 2010
The meeting was called to order by President, George Senka at 7:10 p.m.
The meeting began with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Officers Present: George Senka, President; Tracey Karlie, VP, Michele Walker, Secretary;
Charter Members Present: Bruce & Paula Saia, Charlie & Michele Walker, George Senka, Dave Litterine, Paul & Delores Wickerham, Terry Cook, Brian Mosholder, Max Mosholder, Jim Fredericks, Dave & Julie Byerly.
Property Owners Present: John & Lori Gnesda
Meeting notes from April 20, 2010 were accepted.
Treasurer’s Report:
Steve Noonan, Treasurer, had to resign after last meeting due to accepting a new position that will keep him from being able to attend Friday night meetings. Mike Schirmacher was unanimously voted in as Interim Treasurer until next election of officers in October.
All invoices for road fund were mailed to all property owners. Mike will have a YTD total at next meeting.
OLD BUSINESS:
Bridges/Beams: Beams were delivered. Discussion was held again whether to have a concrete bridge or a wooden bridge. It was decided that the wooden bridge was the best possible option at this time.
Beaver Dams: Tracey knows an individual from the DCNR who can trap the beavers for us. However, it is bear season and he is not available for a month of so.
NEW BUSINESS:
Work Party: scheduled for 5/21 at 10:00. Women will be cleaning the clubhouse. Lunch will be served.
Bridges: Perry Yoder is able to supply us with creosote wooden beams that will last approx. 10-15 years at a cost of $300. Vote was held to proceed with wooden decking or concrete. Wooden decking by unanimous vote.
Liquor License: The liquor license is good until 10/2011. We owe $150 + $100 Late Fee for 2009 to commission, plus $150 for 2010. Decision to keep license was tabled until Treasurer can present our financial situation.
Clubhouse Access For Property Owners: Dave Byerly has most of the equipment for a card reader system, except for the card reader. He will look into the cost of the reader and present at next meeting. This system will be used by those property owners who have paid their dues.
No other business. .
NOTE: Next Laurel Falls Association meeting will be Friday, June 18, 2010 at 7pm, club house.
Meeting adjourned at 7.40 pm.
Respectfully submitted: Michele Walker, Secretary, Laurel Falls Association