Laurel Falls Association Minutes for September 17, 2010 Meeting
Meeting was opened by President, George Senka at 7:05 PM.
The meeting began with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Charter Members Present: George Senka, Joe Saia, Max Mosholder, Steve Noonan, Ted & Carol Evans, Davey & Terri Cook, Paula Saia and property owner Lori Gnesda.
Minutes from the August meeting were read and approved.
Treasurers Report: Mike Shirmacher was away on business, but provided the following information.
After paying the semi-annual property insurance bill, electric bill and fire extinguisher inspections, we have a balance of $336.05 in the General Fund.
Mike suggested that we should possibly raise our dues, because we probably can’t pay insurance for next year without extra income. The dues referred to above are the $10 per person to be paid by Charter Members and Property Owners who want to participate in Club events/activities.
1. Work on the lower bridge, near the Karlie residence will start Saturday morning, Sept. 18.
2. The limestone dosing, with “glass-sand limestone”, will begin in the next week or so. The three (3) areas in Laurel Falls have been prepped for the dumping of the limestone into our stream.
1. It was brought up at the meeting that there was a lot of shooting going on in Laurel Falls over the Labor Day weekend. One property owner had a window shot out with a shotgun around the same time. We can’t have this kind of thing going on in Laurel Falls. The safety of our children, friends and guests are at risk. We will confront the people doing the shooting, and if we have too, will call the Pennsylvania State Police and/or local police.
2. A Halloween party is planned at the clubhouse for property owner, their family and friends. The date set is Saturday, October 23 beginning at 7 PM. More information on the party will be sent out shortly through email and appear on the Laurel Falls Association website.
3. The nomination of Officers and Directors for 2011 is as follows:
President: Tracey Karlie
Vice President: Dave Byerly
Secretary: Carol Evans
Treasurer: Mike Schirmacher
Director/Chairman (1 yr) Joe Saia
Director/Vice Chairman (2 yr) Steve Noonan
Director (3 yr) Davey Cook
4. The next Laurel Falls Association meeting will be Friday, Oct. 15, 2010 at 7 PM. The election of Officers and Directors will be held during this meeting.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:20 PM.