March 2011 Minutes

Laurel Falls Association Minutes for March 18, 2011

The meeting was called to order by President Tracey Karlie. There were 16 association members present.

Minutes of the February 18 meeting were read by the secretary and they were approved.

Due to the absence of the treasurer, there wasn’t a treasurer’s report.

George Senka mentioned trash along the roads and urged everyone to police the areas around  their properties.

Old Business

Terri Cook had a list of proposed party/fundraisers. They are May 21 – Spring Fling; July 16 -Chicken on the Barbi; August 19 – Homeowner Party; September 24 – Summer Fun; October 29- Halloween Party; December 31 – New Years Eve Party. The following restriction will be applied to all parties: These parties are private for the property owners and their guests. Steve Noonan made a motion to accept the party dates and the restriction. 2nd by Dave Byerly. Carried

Davey Cook is still working on getting rodent control for the clubhouse.

Larry Stevanus reported that there is a lot of work to be done on the roads and ditches but it is still too early to do anything. Decisions will be made at the March meeting. The Saturday after the April 15 meeting will be a work day.

New Business

Treasurer Dave Shirmacher is moving away. Terri Cook was approved to fill the vacancy on a motion by Joe Saia, 2nd by Trudy Noonan. Motion carried.

Planks owned by Laurel Falls are at the Amish sawmill on Matlick Road and they need to be moved. Joe Saia is willing to store the planks on his property.

Tracey Karlie donated a toilet for the men’s rest room.

Ted Evans made a motion to keep the clubhouse a “no smoking” area. Carried.

The budget was approved after removing one item. The item removed is paying to put up “no hunting” signs. Approved by a motion by Dave Byerly, 2nd by Joe Saia. Each property owner is to post the “no hunting” signs on their property.

Terri Cook made a motion that the letter for road dues and membership dues be incorporated into one letter. Barbara Saia 2nd the motion. Carried. Tracy appointed the officers to write the letter.

There was a motion to adjourn.
Submitted by Carol Evans, Secretary

February 2011 Minutes

Laurel Falls Association Minutes for February 18, 2011

The meeting was called to order by President Tracy Karlie. There were thirteen association members present.

Minutes of the October 15 meeting were read and approved. The Treasurer’s report was read and approved.

Business

Fund Raisers – Davey and Terri Cook are going to determine how many party/fundraisers we are going to have per year and bring a report to the March meeting. It was decided that a goal of making $2000 through these events would be a good goal to shoot for. This money would help our finances greatly.

There will be a St. Patrick’s Day Party March 19 at the Clubhouse at a cost of $15 per person and $25 per couple. The food will be traditional Iris food.

Davey Cook is going to ask an exterminator friend to give some advice on the rodent problem in the clubhouse. Davey will have a report in March,

Ted Evans was given permission to cut dry wood in the woods across from the clubhouse.

Terri Cook is going to mail out membership letters.

Larry Stevanus is going to check ditches to see which ones can be cleaned out to keep water from running on the roads and washing them out. He will check on people with equipment who can clean ditches and get prices and bring a report to the next meeting.

The Laurel Falls Web Site needs to cleaned up so it can be used for what it was intended which would be announcements pertaining to the organization. If anyone wants to put something on the Web Site, just Email George with the information.

Discussion was had concerning Peter Dreistadt who owns land and wanted his road plowed a few weeks ago. He was not happy with the way things were done. It was not known if he is a paid member.

Treasurer Mike is going to be in touch with Steve Noonan about filing taxes with the IRS. He
will report at the March meeting.

Mike received a letter from a collector about a bill of $624.99 for putting Laurel Falls in the Yellow Pages of the phone book. Apparently Shirley Decker was connected to this happening. Mike is waiting to hear from the collector. The situation will be investigated and a report will be given at the March meeting.

Carol Evans – Secretary

October 2010 minutes

Laurel Falls Association Minutes for October 15, 2010

The meeting was called to order by President George Senka. The Pledge of Allegiance followed.

Charter Members Present: George Senka, Larry Stevanus, Barry George, Dave and Julie Byerly, Davey and Terri Cook, Ted and Carol Evans and Tracey Karlie. No other members were present.

Reports:
Minutes from the September meeting were approved.

Following a correction to the Treasurer’s Report it was also approved. The correction was that the balance in the General Fund reported in September was $336.05 and it actually was $497.05.

Old Business:

The lower bridge near the Karlie’s residence has been replaced.

Four (4) loads of glass-sand limestone have been dumped as of this date as part of the dosing project. One (1) load into Cranberry Run, off Johnson Road and the other three (3) loads in Laurel Falls. Plans are to have three (3) more loads dumped this fall in Laurel Falls.

Continued discussion about getting a dumpster. A final decision will be made in the Spring.

There will be a Halloween Party for members and guests October 23. Activity Director Terri Cook gave the following update: The cost will be $10 per person; everyone should come in costume and various people will be bringing the food, etc.

Discussion was had concerning some further fundraisers. Also discussion about having a Christmas Party.

New Business:

Dave Byerly made a motion that the slate of officers be approved for the coming year. They are: President- Tracey Karlie; Vice-President – Dave Bylery; Secretary – Carol Evans; Treasurer – Mike Schirmacher; Director/Chairman(1 year) – Joe Saia; Director/Vice Chairman (2 years) – Steve Noonan; Director(3 years) – Davey Cook; Alternate Director – Ted Evans. The motion was approved.

Motion to adjourn.

Respectfully Submitted
Carol Evans, Secretary

Laurel Falls Association September minutes

Laurel Falls Association Minutes for September 17, 2010 Meeting

Meeting was opened by President, George Senka at 7:05 PM.

The meeting began with the Pledge of Allegiance.

Charter Members Present: George Senka, Joe Saia, Max Mosholder, Steve Noonan, Ted & Carol Evans, Davey & Terri Cook, Paula Saia and property owner Lori Gnesda.

Reports:

Minutes from the August meeting were read and approved.

Treasurers Report: Mike Shirmacher was away on business, but provided the following information.

After paying the semi-annual property insurance bill, electric bill and fire extinguisher inspections, we have a balance of $336.05 in the General Fund.

Mike suggested that we should possibly raise our dues, because we probably can’t pay insurance for next year without extra income. The dues referred to above are the $10 per person to be paid by Charter Members and Property Owners who want to participate in Club events/activities.

Old Business:

1. Work on the lower bridge, near the Karlie residence will start Saturday morning, Sept. 18.

2. The limestone dosing, with “glass-sand limestone”, will begin in the next week or so. The three (3) areas in Laurel Falls have been prepped for the dumping of the limestone into our stream.

New Business:

1. It was brought up at the meeting that there was a lot of shooting going on in Laurel Falls over the Labor Day weekend. One property owner had a window shot out with a shotgun around the same time. We can’t have this kind of thing going on in Laurel Falls. The safety of our children, friends and guests are at risk. We will confront the people doing the shooting, and if we have too, will call the Pennsylvania State Police and/or local police.

2. A Halloween party is planned at the clubhouse for property owner, their family and friends. The date set is Saturday, October 23 beginning at 7 PM.  More information on the party will be sent out shortly through email and appear on the Laurel Falls Association website.

 

 

3. The nomination of Officers and Directors for 2011 is as follows:

President:                                           Tracey Karlie

Vice President:                                 Dave Byerly

Secretary:                                           Carol Evans

Treasurer:                                          Mike Schirmacher

 

Director/Chairman (1 yr)                 Joe Saia

Director/Vice Chairman (2 yr)         Steve Noonan

Director (3 yr)                                    Davey Cook

 

4. The next Laurel Falls Association meeting will be Friday, Oct. 15, 2010 at 7 PM.  The election of Officers and Directors will be held during this meeting.

Meeting was adjourned at 8:20 PM.

August Minutes of Laurel Falls Association

Laurel Falls Association Minutes for August 20, 2010 Meeting
Meeting was opened by President, George Senka at 7:05 PM.
The meeting began with the Pledge of Allegiance.

Charter Members Present: George Senka, Janet Senka, Max Mosholder, Brian Mosholder, Tracey Karlie, Ted & Carol Evans.

Reports:
• Minutes from the July meeting had been read by those present prior to the meeting…they were accepted.
• Treasure’s Report: Mike Shirmacher was unable to be present at the meeting but provided the following information.
o Property taxes of $1,600 were paid but it required taking $40 from the General Account to meet that amount.
o Interest from the CD’s is low and therefore after the next two fiscal years there may not be sufficient funds to pay the taxes and insurance for Laurel Falls from this account. We need additional revenue to cover fixed operating costs.
• Secretary, Michele Walker sent out second notices for road dues to those who had not paid by August 15, 2010. Check on Eric Shaulis as payment was sent in June, 2010 but they have received a second notice.
Old Business:
• Dosing: T. Karlie has moved/leveled the stone base at the 3 dosing sites in preparation for the dosing of the streams to begin later this year. Since the Laurel Falls Association does not have the funds to meet the “matching funds” requirement for the grant, work is being done by members in place of the funds. T. Karlie is doing site preparation, G. Senka and M. Schirmacher are doing testing and dosing of the streams.
• Funds are managed by the Somerset Conservation District, Somerset, PA.
• Work on the lower bridge on Laurel Falls Road near the Karlie residence was to begin on Saturday, August 21, 2010 as the steel beams and wood decking have been obtained and are awaiting installation. The work has been postponed for two weeks due to unavailability of the backhoe needed to remove the old deck and set the steel beams for the new deck.
• Question…why did the farmer not mow the entire field across from the Club next to the Mosholder residence…G. Senka will find out. Amish will do the work if the farmer does not want to do it.
New Business:
• The resignation of Secretary, Michele Walker was accepted. She resigned as she is moving to Seattle, WA…she and her husband will remain property owners in Laurel Falls.
• Vehicle stickers will be replaced for free if they do not adhere to your vehicle…contact Janet Senka at laurelmeadows@hotmail.com.
• Reminder…Laurel Falls Annual Meeting & Picnic will be Sat. Aug. 21, 2010 at 12:30 PM at the Club.

Meeting was adjourned at 7:25 PM.

Property Owners Annual Meeting & Picnic

It’s that time again…

 The Laurel Falls Association Property Owner’s Annual Meeting and Picnic will be held on Saturday, August 21, 2010, with the meeting being held at 12:30PM and the picnic immediately following at about 1 PM at the Clubhouse pavilion. The cost will be $ 5 per person, children are free. Hamburgers, hot dogs, chips and soda will be provided. The beer will be a $1 donation.  Please bring a dish to share.

Please RSVP to Janet Senka by August 13, 2010 by calling                    412-576-9811 or by email at laurelmeadows@hotmail.com.

NOTE: To participate in Laurel Falls Association Club activities you must be a member in good standing…meaning you must have paid your Road Dues and Club Membership ($10) by August 15, 2010.


Officers & Directors
Laurel Falls Association

June 2010 Meeting Minutes

Laurel Falls Association Monthly Meeting Minutes – June 18, 2010

The meeting was called to order by President, George Senka at 7:05 p.m.

The meeting began with the Pledge of Allegiance.

Officers/Directors Present: George Senka, President; Mike Schirmacher, Treasurer; Joe Saia, Director.
Charter Members Present: Max Mosholder; Larry Stevanus; Davey Cook; Jim Frederick.
Property Owners Present: John & Lori Gnesda

Minutes from the May 20, 2010 meeting were read and accepted.

Treasurer’s Report: Mike Schirmacher was welcomed as the new interim Treasurer. Treasurer’s report was given and accepted.

OLD BUSINESS:

Payment of Road Dues – Discussion…those who do not pay their road dues by August 1, 2010 should be sent a letter reminding them of nonpayment. Only those property owners who have paid their Road Dues and Club membership can participate in Laurel Falls Association Club functions/activities.

Vehicle Permits – Property owners continue to purchase Vehicle Permits…comment was made they are not wearing well and the coating comes off…President will look into this.

Club Liquor License – Tabled from last meeting. Decision to pay 2009 & 2010 LCB fees ($400)
to keep liquor license was tabled as Davey Cook will look into whether we can sell the license or just give it up.

Bridge – Bruce Saia will be able to build the pilings for the reconstructed bridge on lower Laurel Falls Road after July 21, 2010. Joe Saia, Road Manager will schedule work to have the steel beams set and wooden decking installed….this will be done with volunteer labor. Perry Yoder has acquired the wooden decking and will deliver it when we are ready. Payment will be sent to Perry for the wood. The road will have to be closed for a minimum of 2 weeks as work will take place over 2 weekends.

NEW BUSINESS:

Laurel Falls Assoc. Annual Picnic – Voted to hold the picnic in the pavilion on Saturday, August 21, 2010. Since Sudor’s will not be supplying the beer, decision was made to charge $5 per person (adults) and ask everyone to bring a dish to share. The $5 will cover meat and beverages. George & Janet Senka will take the lead.

Propane Tank – propane tank is full and not being used. Question is whether the company that owns the tank and supplies the propane will take it out due to low usage…we’ll wait to see if we are contacted.

Dumpster – Joe Saia asked that we get a dumpster put back in the parking lot at the Club to be used by those permanent and part-time residents who will pay an annual fee to use it. Only a once a month pick-up will be necessary. It will have to be “bear proof” and locked. Mike will look into getting one the same size as the previous dumpster.

Beach at the Lake – Joe Saia (for Bruce Saia) asked permission to dig out the grass on the far side of the lake and replace it with white sand to make a “real” beach. Bruce Saia would do the digging and purchase the sand…NO COST to Laurel Falls.

Mowing – The field across from the Club needs to be mowed. Davey Cook will check with Paul Plosser and Dave Gnagey about having this done.

NOTE: Next Laurel Falls Association meeting will be held on Friday, July 16, 2010 at 7 p.m. at the Club.

Meeting adjourned at 8:25 p.m.

Respectfully submitted by Janet Senka

May Meeting Minutes of Laurel Falls Association

Laurel Falls Association Monthly Meeting Minutes
May 20, 2010
The meeting was called to order by President, George Senka at 7:10 p.m.
The meeting began with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Officers Present: George Senka, President; Tracey Karlie, VP, Michele Walker, Secretary;
Charter Members Present: Bruce & Paula Saia, Charlie & Michele Walker, George Senka, Dave Litterine, Paul & Delores Wickerham, Terry Cook, Brian Mosholder, Max Mosholder, Jim Fredericks, Dave & Julie Byerly.
Property Owners Present: John & Lori Gnesda
Meeting notes from April 20, 2010 were accepted.
Treasurer’s Report:
Steve Noonan, Treasurer, had to resign after last meeting due to accepting a new position that will keep him from being able to attend Friday night meetings. Mike Schirmacher was unanimously voted in as Interim Treasurer until next election of officers in October.
All invoices for road fund were mailed to all property owners. Mike will have a YTD total at next meeting.
OLD BUSINESS:
Bridges/Beams: Beams were delivered. Discussion was held again whether to have a concrete bridge or a wooden bridge. It was decided that the wooden bridge was the best possible option at this time.
Beaver Dams: Tracey knows an individual from the DCNR who can trap the beavers for us. However, it is bear season and he is not available for a month of so.
NEW BUSINESS:
Work Party: scheduled for 5/21 at 10:00. Women will be cleaning the clubhouse. Lunch will be served.
Bridges: Perry Yoder is able to supply us with creosote wooden beams that will last approx. 10-15 years at a cost of $300. Vote was held to proceed with wooden decking or concrete. Wooden decking by unanimous vote.
Liquor License: The liquor license is good until 10/2011. We owe $150 + $100 Late Fee for 2009 to commission, plus $150 for 2010. Decision to keep license was tabled until Treasurer can present our financial situation.
Clubhouse Access For Property Owners: Dave Byerly has most of the equipment for a card reader system, except for the card reader. He will look into the cost of the reader and present at next meeting. This system will be used by those property owners who have paid their dues.
No other business. .
NOTE: Next Laurel Falls Association meeting will be Friday, June 18, 2010 at 7pm, club house.
Meeting adjourned at 7.40 pm.
Respectfully submitted: Michele Walker, Secretary, Laurel Falls Association